Saturday, April 25, 2009

an early 29th birthday celebration

Yep, that's right, my sister and I turn the BIG 2-9 on Tuesday. I can't believe that we are almost 30. My mom and dad had the families over for the first barbecue of the season to celebrate our birthday. Thanks mom for the wonderful food and the most delicious cake...especially the frost! It ended up being a nice afternoon so the kids had so much fun playing outside.

Kayla-Did you notice which name mom put first on the cake? Ha, she must like me better!
The birthday mommies with the kids.

Ty and Kendyl are buds. They are six months apart and they just love playing with each other.




A little play time in the sand box

Ty trying to dribble the ball.


He shoots, he misses! If you tell Ty "good shot," he will say, "no it's not a good shot, it's a good miss." There is definitely no fooling this little guy.Our own little Punky Brewster. (And if you don't know who Punky Brewster is you are either too old or too young!)


Hey batter, batter!

My grandparents (mom's parents), Grandpa Savage (dad's dad), my hot hubby, me and the Tater

It was so relaxing at my parent's today. I had one and sometimes two little babysitters for Tatum. Kenna watches Tatum like a hawk and she just loves it.

Tater with her Old Papa. Look at her chubby little cheeks, she is getting chunky...I love it!

Kaeden making funny faces at Tatum through the sliding glass window.

The wonderful hostess, my mom!
Little Miss Kenna holding Tatum
My sister and I got a wonderful present from our husbands, A SPA DAY! How nice does that sound? No husbands, no kids, no worries....I can't wait! Not that I don't love my husband and kids but my sister and I hardly ever do anything with just each other, it will be so nice. Thanks Pat! (Shawn too!)

Thanks mom, dad, grandma, grandpa for the presents too! The BEST present of all was being with the family, I had such a good time today. It was the perfect present!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you sis!!!! I cannot wait for our DAY!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

Audra said...

What a fun family get together. I just absolutely love those!