Monday, May 11, 2009

getting crafty

I love the website etsy.com as previously mentioned on a previous post. I have been buying cute little clippies for Tatum and they are all over so I needed something to hold them. So I found some adorable handmade bow/clippie holders on etsy and then remembered that before I had kids I liked to do crafty things. I am not that good at it but I do enjoy it. So I decided to make one for Tatum and save myself $30 plus shipping. I went over to Micheal's yesterday with Tatum and I spent $20.60 on Tatum's bow holder but that included the paints (one costing $4.99), ribbon, wood, wood circles and the wood letter T. It would have only cost me $7.50 if I would have already had the paint. Now that I am stocked up on paints my next crafty projects will be cheap!
Before any clippies
After: With clippies I have several coming in the mail this week and I can't wait to add them.



My father-in-law Tom (Maggie's Tom, not to be confused with Pat's dad Tom) has a sign business. He and his business partner bought a new machine that will print on canvas. So he printed a couple of pictures of Tatum in the tulips on canvas for me! Thanks Tom, I love them!!



No comments: