Monday, March 22, 2010

what makes me not happy...

What makes me not happy is when my son who is 3 years and 4 months old poops in his unders four times in one day. Two weeks ago, he was 95% potty trained, now I guess he is just "pee" trained, ugh!!!!!!!!! He tells me that he isn't big enough to poop on the potty even though he was pooping on the potty last week everytime. I am fed up with potty training this little boy!

I guess I have to go back to bribing him every time. I think I am going to make a poo chart and every 7 times or so he can get a prize (from the dollar store!). Anyone have any ideas? Please help!

6 comments:

The McFarlane Family said...

We did treats initially with potty training and then as soon as we stopped them Charlie started having accidents more often. I have decided the treat method isn't very effective so we now have consequences/discipline for when he has accidents because we know he is in control of it (he hides in the closet!). This seems to be working a lot better.

Nicole said...

As you know we are also in the same boat. Your not alone my friend.

flynnfamily said...

I don't know what to tell you. Hang in there!

The McFarlane Family said...

Update: Charlie has pooped his pants twice today so don't take advice from me. He told me he would rather poop his pants and get a spanking then go on the toilet.

I'm taking TV away today so I'll let you know how that works. :o)

Kelsey said...

Thanks Em for the update. Ty has been good this week for his babysitters, thank goodness. But who knows, he will be good for a week and then go back to pooping in his unders. Good luck!

The McFarlane Family said...

It is the worst! The most frustrating part is that I know he chooses to do it! He sometimes walks in to the bathroom and poops in his pants?!?!?!? Della ate poop this morning. That is a whole different disgusting story. The joys of mommyhood!