Monday, March 8, 2010

cookies

I went to a cookie making class that my friend Jenny (www.jennycookies.com) was hosting on Saturday with some friends. I had a blast and learned how to make some super cute cookies. I tried to just use the tips and frosting colors that I had already because I didn't want to make the trek over to MV or Burlington again this weekend. So my cookies are not as cute as they could have been if I would have had different tips for my frosting but oh well they sure tasted good!

I was going to try to quickly make the dough while the kids were busy playing but as soon as my mixer turned on Ty came running. He loves to cook and he "reads" the directions to me. If I would have followed his directions the cookies would been made out of flour, syrup and jam.

This is his pathetic look to ask me if he can help me. How could I tell that face no?
Ty did such a great job scooping the flour into the bowl, it only took 20 minutes!

Tatum trying to get a taste of the dough by licking the outside of the bowl, it didn't quite work. So I...


gave her some real tastes! She wanted "mo-mo" (more) of course, that girl usually doesn't turn down any food.



The end result was a messy kitchen, two kids happy they got to help mommy, and some really good tasting cookies!

The last few cookies I was just trying to finish up so I pretty much just plopped some frosting on them so we can go and bring some to Papa.





5 comments:

Nicole said...

You need to go into business. Those cookies look great.

Jen said...

Your cookies look great! :)

Anonymous said...

These are so cute!! I am so glad that we got to see you and your wonderful family this weekend :)

Love,
Boo

The Neyens Family said...

Looks good!! I like the bright colors!!

jenny keller said...

good job kelsey!!