Sunday, January 31, 2010
My first attempt I made a dress that was too short and wide and looked like a poncho. So this pillow case dress is my second attempt at making a dress...
It's a little wide and a bit too long ( I might hem it or just let it be a long dress that Tatum can wear for a VERY LONG time). I found some other simple dress styles that I am going to attempt and I might just stick with burp cloths and bibs they seem to be a little easier to make.
By the way, if any of you wondering why Ty is wearing his coat inside here is why. Well, we went for a walk around 4 this afternoon and when we got back inside he refused to take of his coat because he said it was helping him being cozy and warm (he tends to be a little stubborn like somebody I know...). So, I finally was able to pry it off him at 8:30 right before bed. He definitely was cozy and warm, he was sweating!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Ty reading the directions to grandma.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Ok, we meant to take him to the zoo all summer and fall but driving to Seattle and our kids missing their naps didn't sound like a lot of fun. Because if you know Ty and his misses his nap, well...it's just not that fun. Now that Ty only takes naps a few times a week and Taters does pretty good on little/no nap we headed down to the zoo. Ty LOVED the zoo. It's so nice to go a place where the kids don't have to stand in line and wait their turn. There was hardly anybody at the zoo so we had some prime animal viewing. We ended up buying a year membership and our goal is to try and go there once a month.
Most of the pictures I got of the kids were of them running away from us or of them looking at animals. So there is a lot of the back of their heads, sorry!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
At 20 months Tatum...
- Weighs around 26-27 lbs
- says all of her letter sounds except for C and G. (for example: what does a b say?)
- can identify a lot of letters, her favorite letters are W and T
- can count to 10 (she always skips the number 9)
- says 2-3 words sentences. Some of her favorites are: stop it Ty Swapp, here ya go, poop on potty, come on _______, hold you, Ty sleeping/awake/crying
- If I ask her if she is cute, she says, no mommy cute!
- she has very good manners and always says thank you
- favorite show is Caillou from PBS Sprout
- sleeps 12-13 hours a night and goes to bed between 6:30-7pm.
- she cries/whines when I am home and when I am gone she is perfect for whoever is watching her including her daddy
- eats, eats and eats
- poops, poops and poops!
- loves taking baths
- does not like me doing her hair
- loves shoes
- can give a little attitude and can be sassy
- LOVES her brother, she does not like it when Ty is not with her ( I hope she always feels that way about her brother)
Tatum crawling like Harper.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Ty cuddling with Kaeden. Ty LOVES playing with his older cousin. Anything Kaeden does, Ty wants to do too.
Friday, January 8, 2010
After Tatum's bath the other day, she wanted to wear her boots and her coat, carry her blankie and her goofy baby. After awhile I put her jammies on, but she had to put her coat over her jammies. She is just so funny and particular about her clothes!