Sunday, January 31, 2010

attempt #2

I have always liked doing crafty things even if they don't turn out that great. I used to scrapbook but now with two kids, coaching, teaching, and wifing (wife + ing: I don't think it's a word but if you know me, I tend to make a noun a verb and it makes sense to me!) I just haven't found the time to get back into it. So now I decided instead of scrapbooking I am going to learn how to sew and hoping that my little projects won't take as long as a scrapbook. When I was little I would sew with my grandma, and I loved it so I am hoping that I can love it now too! I bought my sewing machine for $90 from costco.com, it's simple but I really like how easy was to figure out.

My first attempt I made a dress that was too short and wide and looked like a poncho. So this pillow case dress is my second attempt at making a dress...
It's a little wide and a bit too long ( I might hem it or just let it be a long dress that Tatum can wear for a VERY LONG time). I found some other simple dress styles that I am going to attempt and I might just stick with burp cloths and bibs they seem to be a little easier to make.

2 comments:

flynnfamily said...

The dress looks cute! I like the print on the fabric! love yah!

Nicole said...

And you can cook. Oh man your making me look bad.