Wednesday, August 5, 2009

parenting is a piece of cake...ha!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Ty when he was a baby. It was one of the few times I got him smiling at the camera!

My wonderful little boy has been testing my patience ever so much lately while daddy has been away. He looks at me and will completely ignore what I am saying, it makes me so angry because I know he knows better...or does he? He will hit Tatum or push or her down. I don't want to give him excuses but sometimes I feel like my expectations of Ty are too high. He gets made at Tater because he just wants his space and is "learning" how to handle those situations without hitting or shoving. But being a teacher I know what happens to kids who have parents that make excuses for them and I don't want to be that way either. I guess I am just trying to find a good balance with discipline versus a lot of structure. Parenting is so not easy and I think as the kids get older it will only get harder. I just want to thank my wonderful father-in-law for watching the kids while I went to work in my classroom because I probably would have had a meltdown. My day ended with me laying down with Ty and he said, "mommy you are so beautiful," it made all the frustrating moments go away.

2 comments:

flynnfamily said...

I guess we have to Eddie Haskells in the family - ha ha!Hang in there! 2 more days.

The Neyens Family said...

Haha...he has you wrapped around his finger! Sometimes Xavier will tell me I'm pretty right after he does something naughty!!! Do they really mean it or are they totally in control and manipulating us? We may never know!