Sunday, August 16, 2009

not in my bed


My sweet boy!

I love my sleep and always have. Growing up my mom would have to yell at me for at least 30 minutes to get me out of bed for school. My earliest class in college was 9am and that was only for one semester and that was really hard for me. Anyways, when I had kids I told Pat that our kids absolutely WOULD NOT sleep in our bed with us. I don't want my sleep to be interrupted, I can be a little cranky when I don't get very much sleep. My family can vouch for that! This summer Ty has decided to climb in our bed in the middle of the night and sleep with us. It has been going on all summer and as much as I love cuddling with Ty, it's not worth the very little sleep that I have been getting. He kicks, hits, goes perpendicular and I am on the edge of the bed close to falling off every night. So, I finally had it and Pat (with the help of my sister) came up with an idea to put Ty on the floor next to us. I didn't think it would work, but it did. We told Ty it was his "special bed" and totally digs it...thank goodness! Last night was a much better night of sleep.

1 comment:

Audra said...

Wow, I could have been the author of this post! We are seriously the same! Whenever my boys just NEED to sleep with us, we have them sleep next to our bed. So so so so much better than in our bed!