Saturday, October 25, 2008

Parenting...it's not easy

You don't know how hard it is being a parent until you are one. Ty and Tatum are so young and innocent and I just want them to stay that way. Ty gets excited over everything and doesn't know that there is evil in the world. I just want it to stay that way, why does he have to grow up so fast? I know every parent wishes this for their children, I just hope their innocence lasts awhile.

I am "that mom" and Pat is "that dad." This past week Pat took Ty to the Harvest Party at the preschool. It was pretty chaotic and a little boy went up to Ty for no reason and two-handed pushed him. Ty just looked at him and didn't know what to think. I know that kids push, shove and hit each other at this developmental stage of their life but when the parent of the kid who shoved my kid doesn't say anything and just stands there, that ticks me off! I wasn't at the party so Pat told me about the situation, I was so upset. I know this is a typical situation but it broke my heart that my little boy was shoved for no reason. It took every ounce of me not to say something to the kid's parent the next day at preschool. I am so over protective of my little ones, I am not sure how I will handle a "real" situation.

I don't ever want my kids to get picked on, but they will. I don't ever want their feelings to get hurt, but they will. I don't ever want them to be sad, but they will. No matter how sad they get, I think I will be even more sad for them. I know this is just the beginning, but geez, it's hard being a parent!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Amen! You said it perfectly!