Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hanging Out

Staying at home and not working is great, especially when the weather is nice. This week we went to my friend Lisa's house so Ty could play with her little boy Quinn and Tatum and her baby Connor just hung out, we met Cari & Riley at the park, Messy Me class on Wed and Preschool on Friday, I had two matches this week (1-1), we went to my cousin's baby shower on Saturday, then went to Aunt Mary's for dinner last night where Ty played with his cousin Charlie. Today Pat and I wanted to take the kids to the pumpkin patch but it was windy and rainy so we stayed home and watched the Seahawks...not so fun watching them lose badly.

Both kids have horrible colds. Poor little Tatum has had a hard time eating since she is so stuffed up but I think she is starting to feel better. She normally sleeps through the night, but this week she has been waking up to eat because she wakes herself up coughing and gagging on her snot, I know...gross!

So, I got Ty and Tatum their Halloween costumes yesterday. Tatum is going to be a Lady Bug and Ty is going to be a Dinosaur, well actually it's a Dragon costume but what matters most is that he thinks it's a dinosaur. I brought it home and he said, "Oh mommy thanks, dinosaur jammies! I was relieved that he liked it until it was time to try it on. He was screaming and wanted nothing to do with it. So, at least I have about a month to try to get him to try it on. I am sure he will be the only kid not wearing a costume on Halloween! Speaking of screaming...Ty has needed a haircut for at least a month but he hates getting his haircut so we have been putting it off. Yesterday morning we gave him a haircut, oh man was that fun. He screamed the entire time and now he has a haircut that is so uneven, but what do we do?

2 comments:

Audra said...

Hahahahaha! I laughed about the haircut ordeal because just this morning we cut all the boys hair and it was like pulling teath. Way too much drama. And like you said, they have bad haircuts now!:)

Nicole said...

Wanted to let you know that I've changed the amazinggrace web site to www.thejohnstonsinanacortes.blogspot.com