Sunday, October 12, 2008

Life is Good

With three volleyball matches last week (2-1), the week went by amazingly fast. We had our last Messy Me class on Wednesday. I am a little bummed because it was nice having something to do in the middle of the week so we don't get bored. On Wednesday, my sister and her family and my dad came to my game. Ty just loves it when his cousins are there to play with them. Grandpa Swapp usually goes with Pat to help out with both kids at the game, thank goodness...otherwise I think Pat would have a nervous breakdown at times. When Ty has his mind made up there's not a lot you can do to change it. We love him for it! Friday we had preschool as usual and Ty had a great time. He tends to play by himself a lot and likes to play with the kitchen and the little doll house. I think it's great, so I told Pat that I was going to get him a toy kitchen for his birthday but I don't think Pat is going to go for it. Yesterday I went to MVHS to watch volleyball all day and then Pat, Tatum and I went to new Japanese restaurant in Burlington called Sakura to meet my sister and brother-in-law for dinner for his birthday and Grandpa Swapp watched Ty. It was so much fun and the food was great, we highly recommend it!

Today was the perfect day to go to the pumpkin patch! The weather was perfect and both kids were great. Ty loved the big pumpkin painting and seeing the animals. He fed the chickens and talked to them. He kept asking them how they were and then he would answer for them. We ran into some friends and their daughter Grace, so that was fun for Ty to have someone to pal around with. There was the huge blow up pumpkin bouncy house with balloons inside that were being blown around. Ty said he wanted to go in but when it came down to it, he was screaming and didn't want to go in. I know my son, and there was no way he was going to go in there. I always forget about the little Tater Bug when I write on the blog. She is perfect as usual and loved checking everything out at the pumpkin patch. She is drooling like crazy and has rash or excema on her little chin that won't go away but we still think she is adorable!

Then we went down to Marysville to celebrate Pat and Shawn's birthday at my mom's. We had fried oysters and steak (at Pat's request), my mom makes the best food! Ty had a great time playing with his cousins, he just loves them. My parents live near a school so Kayla and I brought the kids over there to play on the playgrounds. They had so much fun going down the slides and chasing each other.

I think that is it for the week. I just can't believe how busy we stay with me not working. Hopefully this continues because I don't want to get bored being at home.

1 comment:

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

I got that baseball toy from Target this summer and I know that Walmart had it as well. It's a great toy and he loves it. You step on the base (it has a button) and it loads the ball to be hit! He's a pro at it now. Hope your family is doing great. I would love to see you. Maybe I'll see if we can possibly make the Bellevue v. Skagit game. Take Care