Tuesday, January 25, 2011

keeping busy inside

 I would love to be one of those moms who bundles their kids up in the rain and wind when it's 40 degrees and plays outside even though the kids would get soaked and have red hands but I am not.  Don't get me wrong, I do take them outside in the winter,  I just hate the wind and it always seems really windy at our house.  Luckily Tatum doesn't like getting cold either, ha!  I went to my friend Nicole's house last week and she had Do-A-Dots, aka a fancy name for daubers/dobbers!  Tatum loved playing with them so I went to Michael's and bought some...they love them.  We made patterns, caterpillars, letters, flowers, fish, etc.  It kept them busy for at least 90 minutes.  I love activities that last more than 10 minutes and are easy to clean up! 
Ty was concentrating so hard!

Look at that pencil grip...ok, that was kind of corny but I am a kindergarten teacher, I notice those things. 



What I forgot to take a picture of was Tatum having ink dots all over her arms and face...I guess I shouldn't clean her room while she is dobbing!  She was very proud of her "stamps."

I love when the kids play independently.  They played pirate and finding treasure for 70 minutes.  They had their "journals" (cheap spiral notebooks) and they were drawing treasure maps.  Some days they fight every minute and days like today I just cherish and love that they are only 18 months apart and act more like twins than just siblings. 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That grip is amazing and you should be very proud of Ty. Please come to my house as we need a little help with the grip. Promise Josh will help Ty with his science when he is in high school.

The Gagon's said...

LOL! I love that you commented on the grip...I'm going to have to look at Jordan's "grip" tomorrow! :)

AND I'm totally going to go buy some Bingo dobbers!! Thanks for the tip!