Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baking with Great Grandma

 Every year (except for one year) since my sister and I were 8, and two cousins Laura and Lisa have made Danish pastries with my grandma for Christmas brunch.  This year, I had to miss out because Ty and I had the stomach flu but we made it up a couple of weeks ago.  Oh my goodness, they are so good...butter, butter and more butter with lots of frosting makes for some delicous treats!  I love the fact that my kids and my nieces and nephew are carrying on the tradition with their great grandma.  I am bummed that I didn't get any pictures of the kids with their Great Grandma (GiGi) and I didn't take any pictures of the final product.  The pastries end up looking like poinsettias with lots of frosting and sprinkles.  When they are warm, they just melt in your mouth. 



No comments: