Sunday, June 6, 2010

"I am just hiding"

We have been working on potty training Ty for a good year now.  It has been a long process.  Sometimes he will go a week without any accidents and we will think alright he is potty trained BUT then he will go several days with accidents.  We will ask him why he didn't poop on the potty and he will simply say, "I didn't feel like it."  I was cooking dinner the other night (I know, some of you might be shocked that I was actually cooking dinner) and I looked in the living room and the pictures show what I saw.  I asked Ty if he was pooping and he responded by saying, "I am just hiding" aka I am pooping my pants!  I just hope Tatum is a little easier to potty train than this little guy!

I have always felt that I shouldn't take things away or punish Ty for pooping his pants because I didn't want him to be even more scared of the toilet and that Ty would figure it out on his own.  But now I think I am going to take away what he loves the most if he poops his pants at home: TV.  I feel bad doing this but he doesn't have any excuse if we are at home not to use the "potty station." 

2 comments:

The Gagon's said...

OMG! That sooo reminds me of Jordan! He'll go anywhere to hide and go poop in his pants! It's sooo frustrating! :( Good luck, I'm right there with ya! :)

The McFarlane Family said...

We only had to seriously consistently discipline for a few days for pooping and Charlie never pooped his pants again! I struggled with the it also.