Monday, September 28, 2009

My favorite job: Being a Mama

I love teaching. I love my kids. And I LOVE my four day weekends EVERY weekend (at least almost every weekend unless I have a tournament). This is why:

I get to keep Tatum from eating playdoh.
I get to add "pepperoni" to Ty's playdoh pizza and pretend to eat it.

I get to enjoy painting outside with my kids on a nice sunny day.
I also get to keep Tatum from eating paint.
I get to watch my kids make a mess and not care about it because it was outside and I threw Tatum in the utility sink after she was covered head to toe with paint.
I get to see the excitement on Ty's face when his mom remembered to charge the battery to his four wheeler for the first time in 5 months.

Then I get to watch Tatum blow bubbles and try to keep her from eating them too!
Then when the kids are napping (which was only for about an hour and 20 minutes today) I get to catch up on all of my dvr'd shows. I feel bad that I choose to watch tv over housework but as Pat says, "If tv watching was an Olympic sport, you would totally win!" I was able to watch 3 one hour shows in about an hour and half so now I didn't waste an hour an half of tv watching if I would have watched them on real time. Anyways, it was a great day today with my kids, I loved it.

2 comments:

flynnfamily said...

Cute background, very fallish!

I am so happy for you, that you get 4 day weekends and get to enjoy your two little ones. Love yah!

jenny keller said...

i love that you take the paint outside!