Thursday, July 23, 2009

So grateful

Being down at Children's yesterday when my niece had her surgery made me feel so grateful that my kids are healthy and that my niece was "only" having her spleen removed. It was so hard to walk by a small child and see them with no hair, or in a wheelchair and know that they have been there for months. I just wanted to go and give them all hugs and to play with them. We are so lucky to have such an amazing hospital for kids so close.

By the way, Kennadi did great in her surgery. She had some pain last night but other than that everything went perfect. All of her doctors and nurses were so nice and they treated her like she was their only patient.

1 comment:

jenny keller said...

No kidding, I think about that all the time.

So happy to hear Kennadi's surgery went well.