Friday, July 17, 2009

a 90 degree day= a day with Thomas

Today I took Ty and my niece Kendyl to the Day Out With Thomas event at the Snoqualmie Railway. Ty was so excited about going to actually get to see and meet Thomas and Sir Toppham Hat. It was so blazing hot and the kids did great. We rode Thomas the train and saw the beautiful waterfalls, got Thomas tatoos, played with trains, drank lots of cold beverages, rode an old train, tried to avoid all the Thomas paraphernalia that they were selling and rode on a school bus to and from the event. It was so nice to spend the day with those two and just focus on them. Kendyl had a good time but Ty was practically shaking with excitement.

Look at the smile, he is so ready for Thomas!
Waiting for the bus.








Thomas tatoo.




Ty getting is Harold the Helicopter tatoo.








Ty and Kendyl on an old train




Ty was totally enamored with Sir Toppham Hat. He was huge!


Look at those red cheeks. We were trying to cool down with a cold juice.







On Thomas the Train.






Hi Kendyl, I see you!






The beautiful view from the Train.


There he is, the REAL THOMAS!!! Ty was so impressed and amazed. He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't talk back to him. He asked, "mom why isn't Thomas talking?"


Kendyl with Thomas, she just wasn't as impressed but still liked it.


Ty could have stood there all day looking at Thomas. They had to tell him to move because he was in the way of other people taking pictures. I felt bad that he couldn't be there longer because he was just so excited.


On our way out there wasn't a line to see Sir Toppham Hat so Ty and Kendyl got to give him knuckles, shake his hand and talk to him. Again, I just loved watching the excitement on their faces!


Look at these two...this is 5 minutes after getting in the car. Two tuckered out kiddos!


3 comments:

flynnfamily said...

Thank you for including Kendyl in your day. I haven't talked to her yet because she is at moms for the night. Thanks for taking the cute pictures. love yah!

jenny keller said...

so cute! i wonder if Hudson will like Thomas the Train. If I have any say he will like Handy Manny. I think that show is so cute!

Audra said...

Such a great outing. I love it when I tire out the kids. I love it when they crash in the car. Usually it is me who is tired out and they are going strong!