Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Long Weekend

I had a volleyball tournament in Coos Bay, Oregon this weekend. So we had to leave on Thursday morning so I drove Ty down to his Auntie's house in Marysville to stay with them. He had so much fun with his cousins. Ty still sleeps in his crib and Pat and I have never been able to get him to sleep anywhere but his crib but this weekend he took naps at my sister's house on her bed and my parents bed. We have tried to get him to take a nap on our bed but we always fail! He then stayed with my parents on Friday and Saturday and had a great time with them. He loved my mom's thin pancakes and ate enough to keep him full for two days. Pat and I are so thankful to have such a wonderful family, when we leave Ty we don't have to worry one bit.

The vball team took a 15 passenger van to Oregon for a 9 hour drive, it was a little cramped because besides the 12 players, little Tater went with. She loves the players and she again proved to be the perfect little traveler. Pat drove down after work on Thursday so he could watch Tater while I coached. My team ended up going 3-2 and we played pretty well the whole tourney.

We woke up on Sunday morning to our little Ty excited to see his mommy and daddy. The happiness only lasted a few minutes and then the meltdowns started. I think he was so good for my family for three days then he was exhausted. He went down for a nap at 10am which worked out perfect because we had plans to go to Decatur Island which is about a 20 minute boat ride West of Anacortes. Honestly, Pat and I were dreading going out there, we were tired and so was Ty. We are so glad we bucked up and ended up going out to the island. We all met our at Skyline Marina and took a Water Taxi (I didn't even know that something like that existed) to the island. The entire Swapp side of the family got together out on the island at Pat's Uncle John and Aunt Kelly's place. It was absolutely beautiful!! We were expecting cold weather so we all were bundled up for rain and it ended up being about 70 degrees and gorgeous. We had no idea what to expect out there but there house is amazing and is on 12 waterfront acres, it's our dream house! It was so much fun, Ty got to enjoy the beach and played with his cousin Addison. It was so relaxing for us all and I am so glad we ended up going out there.

I am having troubles uploading pictures so I will try later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: