Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life without baseball




It is so nice that Pat is done coaching baseball this summer. It is amazing the quality time we have to do things. We have been taking the kids on walks, actually making dinner and sitting down and eating as a family. We even walked to Grandpa Swapp's the other day, thank goodness it was downhill the whole way! We only have a couple of weeks of this before volleyball starts so we are trying to enjoy every minute.

Our neighbors are really nice and Ty loves to play with the two boys and their little girl because they have all the neatest toys. Ty has been eyeing their big Hummer the last couple of times they have played together so finally today he got his first ride. Just like everything Ty does for the first time, he had a very serious face while riding it. But I know he enjoyed it because he didn't say, "all done."

I am just so amazed (just like all parents) how much Ty is changing every day. He is starting to put 2 and 3 words together and I feel like I can have a conversation with him now. I have to confess that I am that parent who talks about how wonderful and cute their kid is...sorry!

No comments: