Thursday, December 20, 2012

For the books

I have to write down all of the fun things Brady is up to these days. I did a pretty good job writing things down when Ty was little but not so good with Tatum, so I must write things down for B.

I was getting worried about Brady's expressive language a few months ago when he wasn't saying much. I knew his receptive language was fine, he understood and followed all of our directions but I was about to get his speech assessed because Ty and Tatum were saying complete sentences by 16-18 months and Brady had only said a few words. Wow, has it changed, he is talking so much more everyday. Some of the words/sayings: I dunno, I want...(mommy, mama, daddy, shoes, coat, big ball, binky, iPad), Ty, Barney, bowl, all done, big boat, nope, oopsie daisy, ooh lights, papa, juice, cookie, snow, Santa, please and the cutest little thank you. He has fantastic manners for a 20 month old.

This boy loves his shoes. The first thing he wants in the morning are his shoes on and a big ball. He loves finding the elf on the shelf in the morning. He loves to dance to Gangnam Style, it is so stinking funny! He still drinks a bottle of milk before bed (I know you should stop at a year but he is my baby!) and he loves his wub a nub binky. The only problem is when you lose one, they cost $15! Brady will sleep all night one night and then wake up three times the next. Very frustrating but we could have worse problems.

This boy is obsessed with balls! He is constantly throwing balls, wants to wear only clothes that have balls on them, and wants to play catch like daddy and Ty. He loves bringing Ty and Tatum school. Brady doesn't mind me going to work at all because he has Grandma watching him who spoils him.

I would have to say that Brady is my cuddliest baby but my most feisty. We have already started timeouts with him. He will walk up to Ty or Tatum and kick, pinch or bite them. He throws the worst tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants or can't do what his big brother and sister are doing. He is my climber, but has not climbed out of his crib yet.

I feel like Brady is doing a lot of things sooner than the other two because he watches them and learns what to do. If Brady spills he will go and get a towel and clean it up. If he finds garbage or when I get done changing his diaper, he will just take it to the garbage and he is so god about cleaning and picking up his toys. He will also sit at the table and color with Ty and Tatum.

I just love my little blonde boy so much, even when he is being quite the stinker, ha!







No comments: