Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Camping

We started a camping tradition last year with my family by going to Bridgeport State Park. Yes, I know there is nothing in the town of Bridgeport but the state park is beautiful. My parents and sister and her family stayed a whole week, we only stayed a couple of days. One day it rained and the other day it was perfect weather. Those two days were spent: roasting marshmallows, sleeping in tents with two small children...wahoo!, fishing...Ty loved driving the boat and holding the fishing pole, kayaking, playing on the beach, going tubing, hanging out at the campsite, playing in dirt, playing with the cousins. It was such a good time. Ty and Kendyl definitely had fun together.




All happiness as we headed out of town!













Waiting for a fish. We all know that waiting for a two year old is so much fun!



Driving the boat with Papa.












It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. They enjoyed playing on this chair until it flipped over on Kendyl.

Me, Ty, my mom and Kendyl kayaking


Ty and Kendyl just sat at the front of the boat and ate their lunches while we were at the beach.

Ty went tubing with Pat and Kendyl. I am totally impressed with Ty this summer. He has loved everything having to do with water unlike last year when we couldn't even get him to take a bath.



All of the cousins


Tatum has no fear of water so we had to keep her life vest on the entire time we were at the beach.




On the way back home we stopped in Newhalem to go to the bathroom and Ty spotted this train, and of course he LOVED it!

7 comments:

Audra said...

Wow! Looks like such a fun time! I like that tradition. Such great family memories.

The Neyens Family said...

You turned the car seat around!

Kelsey said...

I know Lianna, after all my ranting about keeping the carseat rear facing for as long as possible for safety, I caved. It was so much easier to feed her in the car and the other benefit she could watch the DVD player too.

jenny keller said...

What a fun family trip! I bet the kids had so much fun. It's such a great thing to take your kids camping. I hate it though!

Jen said...

Love all the pics. How fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the camping trip! Tatum is such a cutie! :-)

The Gagon's said...

I think you are the best picture taker ever! From the number of pictures you took I would have thought you were there all week! hahaha

DVD player! Maybe the minivan isn't so bad!

P.S. Cute pics! :)