Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ty turns 2!



Well, actually Ty doesn't turn two until next Friday but we had a birthday party for him today since we will be gone next week at my volleyball tournament on his real birthday. I can't believe that my baby is turning 2. He was so excited and LOVED that all of his family came to celebrate his birthday. I made Ty an Elmo birthday cake. While I was making it, he was saying, "Wow, Oh thank you mommy, Oh thank you mommy."

It was so nice this year because he actually understood the concept of his birthday and what it was all about. He liked all of his presents and told everybody thank you after he opened each one. Pat and I got Ty a play kitchen. I know that people tend to get kitchens for little girls but every place we go that has a kitchen, that is what he plays with. He loved it! It makes all sorts of noises and has a light that turns on. I wanted to get him something that would be a toy that he would play with for a long time and that he would play independently...I have my fingers crossed that this toy will keep him occupied during the lovely cold and rainy days of winter. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of Ty because he wouldn't stay still for very long but I did get quite a few of Tater. She was so good and didn't make a peep getting passed around from one family member to another.

This was such a fun day for all of us. Ty genuinely loved everything about his birthday party from the Elmo napkins to his new Kitchen. I just love that little boy!

No comments: