Saturday, December 10, 2011

this and that fall 2011

It has been so nice not to have to work this year.  I was supposed to go back to teaching this week but I decided about a month ago that it is more important for me to stay home with my kids.  It really does go fast and I don't want any regrets when it has to do with my kids, especially the time I spend with them.  Because I am not teaching kindergarten this year I have wanted to do so much more hands-on and crafty things with my kids.  They have enjoyed it.  Ty is even asking when we are going to do the next craft.  Tatum and I made applesauce, she peeled every single apple.  I thought she would get bored after a couple of apples, nope! 


 We have had great Fall weather, it's been cold but the kids don't care.  They go and play in the driveway and they get their camping chairs out and laugh and have this little pretend world. 





 I love pinterest.  I don't have a lot of Christmas decorations so I thought I would have the kids make some this year.  They had so much fun making these canvas paintings.  We also did hand print ornaments that were so simple and turned out really cute! 
 This past Friday our town had a Walking in the Winter Wonderland at Washington Park.  It was perfect weather: cold, no wind and NOT Raining!  This was the first year they put on this event and it was a huge success.  There was free candy canes, hot chocolate, cookies and smores. 


 Here is the lady, who is also my best friend here in A-town that put on this wonderful event.  Great job Nicole, the Swapp family had a blast and can't wait to attend next year!

 We enjoyed the evening with the Kerr family, they know how to have a good time!
 It is so nice now that my kids will do an activity more than 5 minutes.  We made gingerbread houses.  I usually make them with graham crackers but this year I caved and bought the kit and I am so glad!  I love how the house comes put together and it has the grooves to show you wear to put the frosting. 
 They did such a good job taking their time this year, they ended up really cute. 

 Tatum of course kept eating the candy, that girl loves her sweets! 

3 comments:

flynnfamily said...

The swapp family is wonderful!!! Looks like a lot of fun!

flynnfamily said...

kenna just wanted to say hi!

Nicole said...

mother of the year!