Friday, May 6, 2011

Brady Thomas

After 9 months, we finally met Brady Thomas on April 30th.  I had a scheduled c-section for May 3rd but with a quick change of plans we ended up having him a little earlier than expected.  Ty created a countdown chart to meet the baby, he was so excited to cross off the days.  My parents, sister and Papa Tom were at the hospital when he was born.  I do have to say, it was very exciting to not know what we were having, it kept me from getting to anxious during the c-section.  The c-section went ok.  They had to try four different places to get the spinal to work, I lost quite a bit of blood and got a bit nauseous but other than that, everything went well.  I am friends with my OB and it was so nice to have complete trust in her even though it was a bit wierd that she was cutting me open.  The moment that Pat announced that it was a boy was so exciting, and I will never forget it!  They immediately put him on my chest but I didn't feel very well so I didn't hold him very long.  His apgar scores were both 9, so that was a relief.  Pat went with the baby to the nursery and my parents, sister and Papa were able to see Brady get washed, weighed and measured while I was in recovery.  He weighed 8lbs 13oz, 21.25 inches long, thank goodness he was two weeks early, he would have been close to 10lbs!  The kids loved meeting their little brother and thought he was the cutest little baby.  I had a few reactions to the medications and stayed four days in the hospital, it was so nice to finally get home.  One thing that was really nice about delivering at a small town hospital is that I was the only patient during the weekend and we got spoiled by the nurses!  They took Brady for a couple of hours during the night so that I could try and sleep (it didn't work because any time I closed my eyes I felt like a was going to get seasick).   My sister took 300 pictures from her camera so hopefully I will be able to add more pics to the blog.     




















4 comments:

The Gagon's said...

He's absolutely adorable! I'm glad to see with three kids you still hvae time to post on the blog! :) Hahaha

Nicole said...

He is just perfect. Congrats.

flynnfamily said...

oh, I just love that baby!!!!

Linda's Daughter said...

He's SO cute!